Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· It's never the gear; it's all you.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow, it's been 12 years since I logged on to this site. Got divorced, went to war twice (brought a pack rod both times, of course), and lived in four cities in three continents. Now I'm in Hawaii. Honolulu to be exact.

And yes, if you're a fellow vet, and you've always dreamed of flyfishing for TROPHY bonefish, I'll be more than happy to take you fishing for them here in Oahu. When I say trophy, I'm talking between 6 - 10 lbs of pure bone power. Yup, these are not your typical Bahamas or Florida bones. HOWEVER, I can only get you to within casting distance of them (sometimes within 20 feet from you), getting them to eat your fly, well, that's a different matter altogether.

This offer is valid not only for this weekend: it's good while I'm here in Honolulu (I work at PACOM).

Bring your 8-wt, shorts, sunblock, patience, and a very good pair of polarized shades (Oakley's are great tactically speaking, but they got nothing on Costas for the kind of glare you'll encounter here). Don't worry about the flies: I'll supply you from my own selection. The commercially-available ones are not very effective here. Oh, and a decent reel is a must; after a few 8-pounders, my Lamson Liquid reel (my travel reel) is basically a click-drag "line holder" now.

And be prepared for the wind--- it's par for the course. It's breezy to gusty 90% of the time you're on the water.

Enjoy this Memorial Weekend, folks.

edit: Forgot to add--- for FREE, of course.

Merca!
Fin Organism Fish Animal product Adaptation

· Registered
181 Posts
Wow, it's been 12 years since I logged on to this site. Got divorced, went to war twice (brought a pack rod both times, of course), and lived in four cities in three continents. Now I'm in Hawaii. Honolulu to be exact.

And yes, if you're a fellow vet, and you've always dreamed of flyfishing for TROPHY bonefish, I'll be more than happy to take you fishing for them here in Oahu. When I say trophy, I'm talking between 6 - 10 lbs of pure bone power. Yup, these are not your typical Bahamas or Florida bones. HOWEVER, I can only get you to within casting distance of them (sometimes within 20 feet from you), getting them to eat your fly, well, that's a different matter altogether.

This offer is valid not only for this weekend: it's good while I'm here in Honolulu (I work at PACOM).

Bring your 8-wt, shorts, sunblock, patience, and a very good pair of polarized shades (Oakley's are great tactically speaking, but they got nothing on Costas for the kind of glare you'll encounter here). Don't worry about the flies: I'll supply you from my own selection. The commercially-available ones are not very effective here. Oh, and a decent reel is a must; after a few 8-pounders, my Lamson Liquid reel (my travel reel) is basically a click-drag "line holder" now.

And be prepared for the wind--- it's par for the course. It's breezy to gusty 90% of the time you're on the water.

Enjoy this Memorial Weekend, folks.

Merca! View attachment 117810
Fisharmy.
I don't know you and I'm not a veteran. I am however one who appreciates your service and the tremendous gesture you have offered to other veterans here. God bless you.

· The wanted posters say Tim Hartman
2,099 Posts
That's an awesome offer. Hope someone takes you up on it!!

And as Jeff said, thanks for your service and your generosity!

· It's never the gear; it's all you.
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope so, too. It'd be nice to commiserate with someone right next to you when the fish of a lifetime spooked at your very best stealthy long-distance cast. Maybe I could learn a few curse words in the process. God knows I ran out of them on my first week casting to these bastards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.