Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
The nice thing about a stockingfoot wader is that you don't have to throw them out when your boots wear out. I think that the primary advantage of a bootfoot wader is that it's easier to keep your feet warm. I could be full of it on both counts, but reason number 1 is why I've always gone with the stockingfoot.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Stocking foot. Because it feels so good when you take your boots off to rest your feet and you can keep your waders on.. I also like them for fishing lakes you don't have that heavy boot hanging down off you leg.

·
Old And In The Way
250 Posts
I recently bought a pair of Redington CPX Zip-Front stockingfoot waders. I have not fished in them yet (I will this week) but they look to be of excellent quality and they fit me well. As an older guy who is T2 diabetic, I am really looking forward to that zipper!

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Here is my wader philosophy.

Summer time fishing-wet wading with wading boots or sandals.

Spring and fall-stocking foot with wading boots.

Winter fishing-boot foot waders keep you warmer and are easier to get on and off.

Lake fishing from a float tube-stocking foot waders with booties fit over fins better.

This is coming from a gear junkie who likes to use the right tool for the job.

·
fish or DIE
93 Posts
Another vote for stocking foot, for all the same reasons listed.

Also if most of your fishing is going to be out of a tune you might want to go with a long size. I fish out of a Watermaster and bending your legs to kick fins requires a longer leg than most waders have. If you do a catalog order, put them on with undergarments and boots, then get on your knees on the carpet and sit back on your heels. If they are tight you will be putting a lot of stress on the seams and they will leak prematurely. The only down side is it will require you tighten the wading belt to hold the crotch up when you wade. But trust me they will last longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.