Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been doing any fishing for bass on the westside? I'm going tonight to try my hand at a little bass pond. I have not fished a lot for warmwater fish with fly tackle, but started towards the end of last year and had some fun. It was a nice alternative to stocked trout fishing so prevelant in the lakes over here. Any suggestions, patterns that could be passed on would be appreciated.

·
swco1
9 Posts
Can someone help me out?

What are the chances of getting after some bass, especially in the Seattle area, if I have access to a small boat.

What other species may I be able to get after with out doing much traveling either in the sound or local lakes?

Tips?

Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a buddy that does well at the public swimming area on Lake Samamish. Apparently there is a gravel bottom in this area that the Bass really like. Don't be surprised if you tie into a fat sucker there also. If I remember right, he uses woolly buggers on a type II full sinking line.

You shouldn't have to worry about swimmers this time of year as the water should still be too cold.

Chris Grieve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.