·
Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is that for a fly fishing goal!

We could start right now:
No ending date.
Fly Fishing Only.
Traditional Fly Fishing Tackle, lines and flies.
Single Barbless Hooks.
Catch And Release Only.
Fresh And Saltwater.
All Indigenous Washington State Fin-Fish Species That Are Legally Catchable And / Or "In Season".

REWARD: Just doing it and sharing it here.

Keep a log book and begin the game!

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
I've already done it, well sorta.......lol

Since some of you may know, I'm not able to fish. BUT, I've been playing a video game, and since I'm playing the game IN Washington, and have already caught all the fish I'd assume we are talking about, I win. ;-) Game me be set on the Kenai, but did it all HERE. Even used fly gear, so do I win????????:p

Best I can do for now. :7

·
Registered
3,280 Posts

OK,
If you kept a log and started on the date of the posted challenge Then the rest of us will play for seconds! lol
How much longer before you can get a fishing release from L and I. But you are right in what you are doing by playing real close to the vest. Those low lifes will actually stake a person out and take pictures! It may be the only incident in a year when you cross the line and they WILL make a big case out of it. You would think it was the states money and not the workers. I tried filing for dissability and get SSI but was turned down. They had spent the money for druggies and alcoholics that had never worked a day in their lives. That is what they told me! I have two doc's that say in writing that I should hang it up. Play it tight Steelheader 69 and when you are up and at it I would like to hook up with you and improve my skills. I can row! If you can stand to watch!
DAVE :beer2

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts

Thanks. I know all the ins and outs. I actually do EXACTLY what the doctor says. At first he said fish while you can. Now, it's pretty much NO fishing. Too much pain. The only bennie to beating the state is if the doctor says it's ok. Throwing a rod is alot different then driving a UPS truck all day and delivering packages. Once I'm feeling a bit better, will talk to the doc and see what he says about really hitting it hard. He has said to check it out though if I feel up to it. But no hardcore fishing, and absolutely NO ROWING!! Plus, I'm private L&I, not state. Worse to deal with. But I have in no way violated what the doc has told me. Many times I wanted to (I'm pretty much house bound), but haven't.

I'll gladly take you up on that Dave. Would love to hit the water with you. Will let you know when I'm able to.
Thanks.
:beer2

·
Mother Nature's Son
1,347 Posts
I had to dig this one out of the archives...How's anybody doing with this???

So far for me:
Steelhead
Sea-run Cutthroat
Rainbow
Brown
Cut-bow
Sucker
White fish
Bull Trout
Bonneville Cutthroat
Pink Salmon

·
Registered
120 Posts
Washington Flyfishing All Species Catch & Release C...

Hmmm…. better check what the term indigenous means.

No planted non-indigenous species… those won't count according to the rules.

Check out the planting records that Bob Heirman has in his book as well as the state folks.

BTW: Skinny…the browns don't count…neither do the cut-bows or rainbows…they aren't indigenous species to WA I believe.

·
Registered
777 Posts

How about 9 steelhead in 2 days last weekend in Oregon? My fishing log is available on my web site... How do you win?!

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/
http://www.patagonia-expedition.org/

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

- Henry David Thoreau

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

fatwhitedog- resident and sea-run rainbows, coastal cuttthroat, westslope cuttthroat and the hybrid cut-bows are all native WA species. The Browns would be a European import.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Here is my list so far:
Steelhead
Sea-run Cutthroat
lake cutthroat
Rainbow
Cut-bow
squawfish
Sucker
White fish
Bull Trout
chum salmon
humpy Salmon
(also eastern brook trout)

Tried but not yet caught:
silver salmon
dolly varden (sea run eastside bull trout)

flyrodf

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.