Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mother Nature's Son
1,347 Posts
Waterwisp flies have been around for a number of years. They do work well on spring creeks and other places where large fish are spooky. It was an ingenious idea to invert the hook. I've only been to a few shops that carry them, I'm not sure why more of them don't.

So to your question as to whether or not they work better? I don't know that they work any better, but they do seem to be good flies.

For spring creeks, I generally use a 13 foot leader with an additional 2-3 feet of 6x or 7x and very small flies, ie, 22-26. Even fussy fish can be caught if you scale down.

You might as well give them a try, they're priced about the same as any other fly.

Skinny

·
Patrick
1,805 Posts
The British have been tying upside down parachute patterns for years now per a few web site I have come across on the web. If you tie your own one of the British Web sites might be worth looking into. Sorry I do not know their web address names off the top of my head. There is also an artical in Flyfishing & Tying that I have not read myself yet but you might take a look at sometime that is on an upside down Nymphs for pan fish. No reason I know that the idea could not be used when fishing beaver ponds or other weedy areas for trout.The British artical at a web site I checked out a few weeks ago said the upside down parachute gets more hits on high fished streams over there but less hook ups.Since that was the only thing of intrest on the web site I did not save the address.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.