Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
that's His Lordship, to you.....
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mumbles, Panhandle, JesseCFowl-is that you, Jesse?? and I had a great weekend, ending with a super float from Red's to Big Pine. The purpose of the trip was to guide three Project Healing waters warriors. We had plenty of boats, so I got to row for our RC, Chuck Tye, who finally got to fish! But first things first!

The Ellensburg KOA has recently reopened, and is super nice! We had a tent site right on the river, and although vehicle noise from the freeway was present, the campsite was nice, the entire place was super clean, and the bathrooms were the same. The new owners have a boat launch a couple of yards upriver from the Tharp Road bridge, right in camp, and don't charge a launch fee if you're staying there. They also have shuttle service. In a few months, they'll have new camping cabins as well. There's a little playground for the kids, plenty of grass, the water's right there, lots of birds, and altogether a great spot to camp.

Saturday night we threw some steaks on the BBQ, but it was a small Weber kettle, and we had so much meat on it that it smothered the coals! Had to take the top off the kettle! I also had an issue with the propane cylinders so we couldn't flambe the steaks in bourbon like I'd planned. In addition to that problem, I accidentally dropped Jesse's steak in the dirt while I was turning it. He washed it off with plenty of beer, so he wound up having a beer-marinated steak! My apologies again, Jesse!

I also want to thank Panhandle and Mumbles for taking down the camp so we could get to Red's on time for the 10am launch. You guys did a fantastic job, and everything made it home no problem! We had enough boats so once we sorted out the float, Panhandle and Mumbles got to make the long drive home. Good timing, too, since today, it's snowing in Lederhosen Land Ach du Lieber!!!

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Alex, you are a fantastic camp host and I was delighted to spend the time with you this weekend. We shall get together more! The food was beyond expectations and having a few around camp to hang out with was great. Thank you sir! How did Sunday's float go...no reports posted of Sunday yet from Jesse, Docstash or the PHWFF crews...

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
We had a good time again, and I hope my two riders enjoyed their day. Nothing big to hand, but the smolts were plenty. I am not a very good casting teacher, so I kinda just kept my mouth shut for the most part. There were several good PMD hatches after 2, but the wind made dry fishing too tough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.