Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Well the three of us went out in search of the fish that nobody seems to be able to catch yet this year.Mattzoid picked me up at my house and we met bhudda close by. Went up to the N/Fork off of C-Post Rd. Got out to scope the area out and bhudda says he left his reels at home. Well we looked over the rail and saw nothing but suckers and a few kings?????. Well we decided not to try there so we went up above the Boulder river access.Nothing. Went back to 127th and tried there The weather was nice and a few smolts but that was all. Oh,mattzoid let bhudda try a spey reel on his 8wt and bhudda fell in love the reel and spey line on his 9' 8wt. He was a casting fool. Well the fool part was right.

Now I'm home and my eyes feel like P-holes in a snow bank. I guess that comes from no sleep and earily hours.

Jim

G

·
Old Man -
From the sounds of it, you're lucky to make it out of there with both knees semi-intact. And spey lines on single overhands sounds like military research territory to me - as in second generation howitzers.
Actually, as I rapidly approach your higher level of youth, I can only hope these wrist tendons will get me into the 2000+ post echelon before I'm forced to choose between pecking away mercilessly at these keys, or a few more ill-advised outings with the sort of ragamuffins you so bravely consort with.
Are the bikinis coming off up there yet?

:smokin

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Thought I saw some last week but alas they were fully clothed. But saw a older lady,would that help;) . But back to the river. People are saying that they hope for more water. Well I don't think that I have seen it this low in a long time. I think that by the time fall shows up that this river will be a creek. I was there last week with another lost soul,mtlhead. Well we were at 127th and at the ripple at the lower end was about mid calf height,well today is was just barely over my toes of my wading boots and it's still dropping.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.