Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

West Side Summer Dries Swap

3K views 30 replies 5 participants last post by  Bajema 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey folks,

I do the vast majority of my fishing on the west side (the Snoqualmie forks, Cedar, and Green being my Top 3) and I prefer dry flies over anything else. Now that we're sure we'll be able to fish those rivers at some point this summer, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a swap. I originally suggested limiting the swap to dries, but I've opened it up for broader appeal. Here's my (EDITED) suggestion:
  • 5-10 people (I'll commit to running it at 5 and limit it to a max of 10)
  • 2 different patterns each. They can be dries, emergers, nymphs, or streamers (dries/emergers preferred!).
  • Patterns can be a surprise. Just keep them fairly small (#10 or smaller?) since the focus is west side streams, although I'm not going to be a stickler. If you want to throw in your favorite big one for the Yakima or somewhere else, have at it.
  • Deadline of two weeks post-close of the swap.
I've never done one of these before, so let me know if I missed something. All of the pointers above are merely suggestions, so let me know if you have input.

Steve

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
Not getting much love here. Two options: 1) I expand the swap to include emergers and/or nymphs to attract more interest, or 2) we do three or four patterns each and I'll run it with just the three of us. What say ye @Bajema and @Philonius ?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
@bugsby Thanks. I didn't think about the end of school element. Generally speaking, I didn't know what to expect as far as a timeline for getting a group together. I'll be more patient!

Discussion starter · #19 ·
So a total of 9 flies of each pattern for a total of 27 flies?

Sounds good.
Oops. I guess that was confusing. I meant one fly for each of the three patterns (so in total you would tie 3 of each fly). Multiples of each fly would be great, but 27 seems like a lot. Let's do two of each instead (that makes for 18 flies). I'll change the instructions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.