Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the fishing still seems to be centered around lakes so my buddy and i recently purchased the all too pricey permit that allows access to Weyerhaeuser land (near the NF of the Snoq.) No fishing was done the other day cause time was spent exploring, but we found a couple good lakes.

Has anyone else fished these recently? Fish were definitely rising, would similar patterns used at other lakes in the area work well, like those at rattlesnake lake or some alpine lakes? Such as WB, leeches, 6-packs and then the assortment of dries???? :DUNNO

Any report on this would be more than helpful as i can't wait to get up there. I plan on possibly going tomorrow, i'll let ya'all know how things go. :THUMBSUP

PS - Love the area back there, so pretty, and ran into a VERY large and very healthey black bear. :EEK

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
71 Posts
Which lakes are you talking about? They all hold fish of varying species and sizes. Black can provide some bigger fish although it gets hit pretty early and hard. Lynch is full of small cutthroat that can be a blast on a light rod. Hancock has a good population of rainbows, brookies, and cutts. Bridges and Boyle offer some nice cutts and some bass. Mud also has a good population of bass. Try your basic midges, caddis, and mayflys on the surface and wooley buggers, dragonfly nymphs, and other searching nymphs down deep. I know the permit fee seems steep, but it does offer some descent fishing in relative uncrowded conditions. Have fun it could be the best $65 you spend each year. :THUMBSUP

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info bob49. So black gets a bit of pressure? cause these lakes looked like they had people frequenting them but can't be nearly the numbers seen at other lakes, right? Black looks nice. Mud and Boyle will be fun, but i fell in love with bridges lake as soon as i saw it. How about klaus lake, its pretty big, it hold naything of size? Will the bass take the same flies as the trout? I am looking for trout so the bass aren't of too much interest, are the bass a majority in some of the lakes you said.? or do the bows, brookies, and cuts hold their own and keep their numbers and size up there? Can't wait to get up there!!!

Is it possible to get to lake hancock right now without much of a hike? I think we were only able to turn left off the county road and get through the spur 10 gate which opened up most everything left of the county road, everything on the right side, however, i thought was gated??

I'm sure the permit will be worth it, but when ya throw in the store fee and the map of the land its a bit more than 65, haha. :BIGSMILE

Scott

·
Registered
71 Posts
Klaus has the same story as Bridges. and Boyle. There are quite a few perch in Klaus and if you can come up with a good perch minnow imitation the bass will take those. The cutts in Klaus run pretty nice. You can turn right at spur 10 towards Hancock and Lake Calligan. Hancock is only about 5 miles from the gate, but it's pretty much straight up. There are signs along the way and your $65 map can help get you there. Hancock and Calligan's fish reproduce naturally and receive no additional plants from the state. Catch and release is not required , but should always be practised to insure good fishing in the years to come. Have fun. :BIGSMILE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.