Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, like others have mentioned on some of the threads, it's really hard to sit back and read some of the things that are being posted about ethics, morals, and the like.

I came to this board, like many others, because it was the best site about fly fishing in Washington, and most importantly, it was full of great people. I know some personally, and I know others just from taking part in some of the great discussions.

Recently this site has been growing more and more like the others. Some of the members are discussing, THEIR (and I stress THEIR) thoughts on the sport and how each of us should conduct ourselves. I can honestly say that I used to look forward to signing on and seeing what's new, but now I don't really look forward to it. There's too much bickering back and forth and too much stress on how we should conduct ourselves. Just because people are excited and post pictures that don't truly translate catch & release doesn't mean that we should knock each other down over it.

For a while, we looked like we were a big happy family...now it's looking like a dysfunctional family. The 'ol timers vs. the newbies. Theirs no point to force each other to see things the same as yourselves...lets go back about 50 years if we want to do that.

Let's enjoy the sport, help each other learn...but lets not make it not fun. Fly fishing it FUN....we do it for different reason, just as we do everything else in our lives.

Anyhow, sorry about the rambling, I just had to give my two-cents. I truly hope this site doesn't turn out like the rest. I hope that this site can be how it used to be...FUN. Let's get away from telling each other how to conduct themselves. There are different ways to go about it...reccomend if you have to, don't be 'the almight flyfisherman.'

Hope everyone has a great weeekend!

- DW

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
amen to that! I believe in the ethics, the C&R, but I also do it for the enjoyment of it all. Do you all really think this is what Chris intended his site to be about, soapboxes day after day after day? :HMMM YT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.