Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know, but have been crippled up and have done virtually no fishing since last August. Just some occasional trips, and suffered (yes, hard to say, but actually suffered physically) through my mine and my Dad's yearly fishing trip for steelhead/salmon in October. But, have been feeling better, and figured since I was going down to my Dad's property on the Wynoochee, I'd bring my summerrun flies and hit some of my favorite holes. Arrived Friday night. Was nice. An old friend was their from Alaska, so sat over a few beers (luckily, didn't have any percocet friday so was allowed) and BS'd over a campfire until I could see how well I did fishing Saturday morning.

Woke up bright and early Saturday morning. Had two spots in my mind to try out. Must've been around 5:30am, sun was up and was actually warm, though overcast. Figured perfect conditions to try skating a few, maybe even drifting a few through the two slot close by without making myself ache too much. Came to first slot (which has a couple neighbors in front of it). ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Neighbor is up too (is nice and bright by 6am when I arrived to the slot) and was tossing a ball into the river for his dog to retrieve. It was actually a slot that won't produce until late July normally, so opted for the second slot downriver. More of a walk, but a good producer. Waded across the river current. It fealt good to be out again. I was a bit sore, but pressed on. It just fealt so good to be out fishing, I fealt alive again. As I came around the bend, my jaw dropped. There were 5-6 teenagers there tossing rocks and playing in the water. At around 6:20am!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sun was up at this time, but COME ON!!!! Don't these kids know to drink all night and sleep it off in the morning???? I did fish a few areas on the way back to the property. But the prime spots were ruined. ARGHHHHH. Man, this sucks. Such perfect weather too. I imagined a bright summerrun come rolling up after a skated bomber. Nope, Had to fish a couple small runs that usually don't hold much, most head for the runs I normally fish. But tried the rest on my way back.

Well, maybe next time. Maybe since they're all still "technically" still in school, they're keeping the heavy partying down. Maybe by late June/early July I'll have river to myself. LOL

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,846 Posts
Sounds like someone was telling you to take it easy and not push yourself too hard!:) Must have been nice to get out for a bit though.

This does remind me of a couple of weeks ago when I tried to fish a secret lake with a friend. After a late start we headed up to the area and go out of his Jeep and were just about to get geared up when we realized he had locked his keys in the truck!! :reallymad Luckily he had remembered to grab his cell, so we only had to wait an hour and a half for the locksmith to show up. Anyway we get the keys and decide we need to find the access to the lake before we get all geared up. Long story short, after hiking around the area for another hour and a half we couldn't get to it. Just not our day to hit the lake, so we gave up and hit the South Fork (Snoqualmie). At least I hooked up with a small cutt on a dry to save the day!

Of course it was still a better day than working! Keep on fishing!!

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.