Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I made a little burp about not tying flies anymore because of my shakes. So one of the fine gentlemen from this site offered me some flies and I took him up on the offer. I believe that it was a few Stimulators and some size 12 Caddis's. That was about two maybe three years ago. Well I used the flies and then I thought nothing of it. Then I get me a IM from the guy and he asked me to send him some hooks and he will tie up anything I need. So I did. I sent him all my small hooks.

Well two years ago I was using some orange soft hackles with a little bit of luck and I ran out of the flies and I thought that maybe my friend will tie some up and sent them to me so I asked again. Lo and behold a dozen Orange Soft hackles showed up.

Well this spring or late winter I was crusing thru the forums and he was there asking about a 'toon. We got talking again and he said that he was in a tying mood and asked if I needed any flies again. Well I'm partical to Caddis flies so I said I could use a few of then and some Zebra Nymphs. Well I received them yesterday in my mail box. 48 Beautiful flies.

One Dozen Caddis's and one Dozen X Caddis's. Two dozen Zebra nymphs in different sizes and colors. Mostly 16 and 18 sizes.

I can't thank the man enough. I have enough to fish all summer and then into the fall when I get to nymphing for the fish on the bottom.

So Dr. Bob, my hand goes out to you. You have given me a gift to warm my heart.

And here is somebody I have never met and he dies this for me. In fact as friends go, I have met many people here from this web site and I will consider them all friends. I think that I have also fished with many from here.

So Dr Bob, thank you again.

Jim

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Nomination for best post of the year so far. Old Man Jim having an very grouchy old man out of body experience. Here is to Dr. Bob!

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
Dr.Bob must be agreat guy and OMJ has got a soft spot. I was always sure he wasn't that big of a grouch he just hides it well. There is hope Jim. Keep on keepin on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.