Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to start tying up some chiros for the dry falls trip and was wondering what some of your favorite patterns were?? Also does anyone have links or pictures for these bugs?? I am brand new to chiro fishing and seem to have good understanding of how to fish them from the previous chiro post adn some of my own research, but I have no clue when it comes to the type of bugs your using?? Thanks for any input.

note: no freakin bunny leech responses...I know they are not chironomids, nor can you incorporate bunny anything into these patterns :professor

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep responding to your latest emails and I keep getting message undeliverable...something at omnicast.something.something.net??? I can email you fine through the website though and your old email address?? In your email tonight maybe just type in your correct email address...I still have the [email protected] one and that seems to work but this new omnicast thing isnt going through...I just scanned for viruses and Im clean so??????

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ah chironomids, one of my faves;
Here are a couple I've had good luck with. Hint pick up Phil Rowley's book on Stillwaters, some wonderful patterns.
Phil Rowley's Chromie size 12-16- Pass lake fish can't seem to resist.
Phil Rowleys' Collaborater same sizes.
I'll tie both of these with traditional tungsten bead heads and white z-lon gills for waters deeper than 6 feet or so. I'll also tie them with white glass beads and no z-lon gills the bead is plenty and really gets a fishes attention. Doesn't sink as well as tungsten so I fish these where the fish are shallower. The pearlescent glass bead real picks up the sunlight in shallow water.
A pattern I call Rainy day chironomid size 12-16 again. Red flashabou butt, black super floss body (THIN) with rainbow flashabou rib, then few turns peacock herl and gold tungsten bead head with z-lon gills. I also tie this one with a white glass bed head. Theses have been my go to chirons for some time.
Ice cream cone chirons in red and black too.
A few of each and you should get fish in any stillwater.

:thumb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.