Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I am not familiar with that rod, but I am sure your rod will cast any of those lines at a particular distance. I don't remember the actual feet/equation, but purely as an example, if you were casting 60 feet the 2wt line may cast better because it is a bit lighter. However, at 30-50 feet the 3wt line may load the road better, and at 0-30 feet the 4wt line may work the best for you. If you aren't feeling the rod load at the distance you typically fish I don't see a problem over-lining the rod. The rod doesn't really care what line you use, it is really up to you to determine which line works best for you at any given distance. So the decision to over-line or under-line is really up to you and what you think will work best with the particular rod. At least that is how I look at it, for what it is worth.
Nice pick up though. As I said, I am not familiar with that rod but I am a huge ultra-light fan. Enjoy it.
Mike

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.