Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just remember, throw 'em back

im not much of a shore fisherman, especially for silvers. my dad and i are gonna try for silvers off the shore tomorrow AM. the tide will be incoming starting at like 7:00am. thats good for src's (in this particular spot) but will it be productive for silvers too? i will be fishin in a small bay with gravel, basketball sized rocks and some different grasses. good for srcs, is it also good for silvers? drop off a long (very long) cast length away from shore, good or bad? like i said, ive never fished for salwater salmon off the beach. always had the boat. im willing to give it a go, but my dad needs a little coaxing. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Usually the first two hours before and after high tide are good for silvers. The tend to like moving water. If you can wade out to where the drop off is your chances will be better. Also, like SRC they like tide rips. Good luck

G

·
Steve, can you provide any locations? I'm in the Oly area and would appreciate some info on areas for shoreline silvers, or good areas for SRCs, open to the public. :THUMBSUP

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

This would be a good subject for the FAQ,as a lot of people ask about Fly fishing the salt for Silvers ot SRC'S If I knew more about this subject I would answer it but as I don't I won't. :BIGSMILE

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.