Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
jabs
1,138 Posts
FYI. I have heard through the grapvine that there will be a fly fishing club up at Lenice this weekend with a estimate of 12-50 people strong. This will just had to the crowd and the pressure.

Just wanted to give you the heads up. I for one do not like crowds so that is one place I will not be. Nunnally probably won't be as bad.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i would focus on chronomids and chronomid emergers. the baetis hatch has not hit very hard yet and is ussually productive for only a short time during the day. dont forget strike indicators (very important for chronomid fishing). good luck.

·
Oncorhynchus clarki clarki
260 Posts
Ok this is one of my biggest secrets ;) but you seem like a nice guy so I will give you my secrets. I would recommend bringing a rod and reel with line and backing on it if you are planning on fishing. Also you are going to want a leader or two and some tippet material :thumb . I am just playing with you J . Alright now on to the serious stuff. Strike indicators aren’t exactly needed but can be useful. If you use a floating line you can use that as your indicator it just takes some getting used too. Indicators can make it easier to judge your depth most of the time and aren’t exactly a lot of money so it would be nice to have some but don’t feel that you can’t fish without one if you don’t want to make another trip to the shop. Well hope this helps :thumb .

Sly

·
Registered
315 Posts
My buddy and I were there today and the fishing was kind of slow. Water temp got up to 60 and the air temp was 75 when we left at 6:00. Bright sun, light wind and no real "hatches" to speak of though there were an occassional callebaetis floating by. There were only 7 others on Lenice (5-6 cars at Nunnally & Merry/Bobby parking lots). Weekdays are great compared to weekends.

We each hooked a number of fish and landed one each. Caught mine using a bead head pheasant tail nymph below a strike indicator. Nice fat 18-20" rainbow. Tried chronomids, tried wooley buggers, nothing!

I say remember sun screen, bug juice and take plenty of water to drink.

Good luck!

Greg

"In our family, there is no clear
line between religion and fly
fishing" Norman Maclean

·
Registered
315 Posts
That's at the top level of the lake in the more shallow areas. The day time highs have been in the low to mid 70's the last 2 days and the night time lows haven't gotten that cold. Doesn't mean that it won't turn cold again but it should be turning the corner and only start warming up from here on out.

Greg

"In our family, there is no clear
line between religion and fly
fishing" Norman Maclean

·
jabs
1,138 Posts
Sounds like you hit the weather just right. My plans for this weekend was to take a couple buddies that only get out maybe 2-3 times a year to Nunnally where I usually have good success but I may decide to hit Dry falls and Lenore as I heard there will be a Club up at Lenice this weekend.

I have yet to hit Nunnally this year, which is very rare this far into April, but I hear there has been a lot more pressure/crowds this year than the last couple of years. Thanks for the report.:thumb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.