Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my friend and he said steelhead season is over pretty much. This is my first year of winter fishing so I'm not really sure whats going on in the rivers. I just wanted to go out and do some fishing but not really sure what to try and target or what might be worth fishing this time of year.

·
Fly Guy Eat Pie
460 Posts
welllll...steelhead season is only over for most puget sound rivers but you still got all the OP rivers and columbia trib's to hit up. The natives are just coming in so don't put your rod down yet.

If you want to do some trout fishing, there's always that option. A drive over to Yakima River, salt for SRC's, etc.

You don't by chance fish Carkeek do you? I think I met you...your username sounds familiar...but anyway, if you live around the area and need someone to fish me, shoot me a PM. I'm out always every saturday.

·
Physhicist
4,022 Posts
Well, it's a couple months off but I'm going to be targeting the old trusty Northern Pikeminnow. While the rest of you exploit the last remains of the beloved Oncorhynchus mykiss I'll be out there doing my part to help ensure their survival.

http://www.pikeminnow.org/info.html

Bring it on you toothless little bastards!

·
Hot Carl
8,805 Posts
Well, it's a couple months off but I'm going to be targeting the old trusty Northern Pikeminnow. While the rest of you exploit the last remains of the beloved Oncorhynchus mykiss I'll be out there doing my part to help ensure their survival.

http://www.pikeminnow.org/info.html

Bring it on you toothy little bastards!
I've never caught a pikeminnow with teeth

·
fly fishing addict
31 Posts
I can't speak for steelhead but Beaver Lake in issaquah is open year round. Its great in summer but can be very combative. Ive fished it from my pontoon boat and have had some luck. Its only trout this time of year until summer hits then the bass will hit too.

Low and Slow is the name of the game right now

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Never take what your friend says as gospel. Grab the regs, grab your map, grab your gear and get after it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.