Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on a few of the fish this weekend that the dorsal fin had an orange color on the tip of it?? Is this some form of disease or parasite?? It was only on the bigger more established fish of the water so maybe its an age thing?? Just curious if anyone has seen this or has any input on it?? :dunno :dunno

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In a mountainous lake roughly 3000 feet in elevation....north east corner of washington state....But I noticed Miller had a picture of a trout from crab creek with same marking??? :dunno :dunno

~Patrick ><>

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now I forgot it all.

They are Eastern Brook Trout. They are very colorful fish. When you catch nothing but put and take rainbows these other fish really throw you a curve on their colors. I was going to give you a lesson on the fishes(trout) but I thought since you spend all day on one of these things you can do your own looking up.

Jim

·
Coast to Coast
792 Posts
I think Patrick was referring to the pic Miller posted from Crab Creek. The fish in that pic is definitely a rainbow, and it definitely has an orange-tipped dorsal fin. I've never seen it before.:dunno Very interesting...

Dizane

"Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand."

G

·
Those are the trout that wish we'd hammer them with a priest rather than return them a wiser, free, unharmed creature (Kamikaze Rainbow). See C-dub post for details.
:smokin

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now I forgot it all.

To late to edit my post so I will add just alittle more. I didn't look at it very close the first time(tired eyes). Looks kinda neat. It seems that we all learn something new every day.;)

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.