Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,782 Posts
Aren't Hardy reels kinda Heavy and Expensive? I like light reels myself, throwing a 7w rod with a type3 sinktip and large arbor reel all day puts a toll on my arm. After about 8 hrs I can barely lift my arm.
Good luck Patrick!

Peter ><>

"Follow Me and I will make you fishers of Men"
Matthew 4:19

· Registered
1,782 Posts
Hi Patrick. I truely was looking for a reel that would cover all catagories of my taste: lightness,quality,drag,performance,durability,dependability and most of all VALUE! I finally came to a conclusion and ended up with a Lamson Litespeed 3 for Steelhead and Velocity 1.5 for Trout. I got the Litespeed new last year on Ebay for 200.00 and the Velocity new last month for 150.00 also on Ebay, both at the "Buy it Now" option.
I let my patience take over for months til finding these deals on Ebay. My patience sure paid off because I wasn't about to pay Retail prices for these reels.
For under 200.00 off the shelf, seriously look into Lamson's Velocity Large Arbor reels:
http://www.waterworks-lamson.com/velocity.html
IMO, NOTHING under 200.00 can touch this reel!

I'll get ahold of you this spring/summer and promise to get you hooked into a Steelie if you haven't already by then.

Good luck! Peter ><>

"Follow Me and I will make you fishers of Men"
Matthew 4:19

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.