Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been fishing the N.F.Stilly near Oso with no luck. Thought maybe the fish squeaked past me, so, I decided to head up to picnic (Fortson was packed)and fished for a couple miles down river. Though the rain was pounding and the trees were creaking from the wind, it was beautiful up there and the water was gin clear. I had a fly in the water from 8:30am to 2:30...NOTHING!Zip!Zero! Spoke to a few folks who had not had any luck. Clearly the fish are not in, at least not in on the N.F. and from the sounds of it the Sky is empty and the Peninsula R.s are blown.

So, where are the fish? Skagit? Sauk? Anybody finding anything besides suckers?

Was planning on floating the Sky but maybe I'll head North to the Sauk or Skagit.

"FISH ON!"--Havn't heard those words in a while.:bawling

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No responses? My guess, due to the lack of responses, is that folks are not hooking up. Well, that's what I figured.

I'm going to "practice casting" on the Sky on monday with hopes that a bright chrome fish bumps into my fly.:)

-Adam

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

It's rough when you have to answer your own questions. I thought with this new rain that we got that the N/Fork was up. According to the latest flow chart it is flowing at 2500cu ft per second That is roughly 1500 ft faster than it was a week ago. So I stayed away. Going to try and make it to the Sauk or Skagit tomorrow,well today really.

Jim

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
Where are the @#$%& Fish?!

The word is that there are fish returning on the Sky to the Wallace River. The Wallace was packed today with locals beating it to death. :beathead

The Sky below is said to be showing fish between Monroe and Startup (where the Wallace enters). I fished just upstream of the Wallace for a short while today, and saw nada. Tomorrow, I will be downstream of the Wallace beating it hard, as I be jonesin' for a fish bad. :thumb

That's all the truth you will get out of me. Any further questions will be answered with only lies. :smokin

Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.