Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size and where can I buy some woolies as I am not yet comfortable tying them without trying it first? Right now I predominately dead drift fish with floating line and although I can’t a lot of fish it is somewhat boring and doesn’t translate well to other streams.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Uh... are you referring to Wooly Worms and Wooly Buggers? They're among the most popular patterns, and among the easiest to tie.

·
High in the trees
17 Posts
What size and where can I buy some woolies as I am not yet comfortable tying them without trying it first? Right now I predominately dead drift fish with floating line and although I can’t a lot of fish it is somewhat boring and doesn’t translate well to other streams.
Most good fly shops should carry a variety of colored wooly bugger's, but my go to Fly Shops are Creekside(Issaquah), Avid Angler(Lake Forest Park), or Reds Fly shop( out on the yak, but I buy online sometimes Red's Fly Shop - World's Most Complete Fly Fishing Shop (redsflyfishing.com). I usually fish size 6, 8 , or 10.

Have you tired streamer fishing with a sinking leader? They are designed to convert any floating line into an instantaneous sink tip. It really helps to get the bugger deeper in the water. I also tie an open loop knot to the end of the bugger so it has a lot more natural movement and swimming action.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Natalie!
I can tie you some at a competitive price if you still are looking!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts