Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the last week of March off and would like your input on where to go. I usually go to the Yakima or to Hamilton Mt, but I am willing To try somewhere different . So Where to? Eastern Idaho? The OP? The Missouri River?

What say you?

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Go to Colorado and hit some tailwaters. Dream Stream section of the South Platte will have big lake run rainbow and cuts in the system that month. The Frying Pan should have good BWO dry fly action in March. The Taylor should be fishing well. March was always one of my favorite months there...

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
Didn't realize you were in Oregon, have you fished the Blitzen or Owyhee for big browns?

Here in Washington the Seeps in late March can be a good bet. With a backpackable float tube you can hike into some of the dozens of lakes in the region and encounter some absolute pigs that many overlook because of the walk in. I could name names but it is more exciting to find something on your own and be surprised at what you might catch. Basin weather in March is a little more dependable than most places that time of year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.