Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Oncorhynchus clarki clarki
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am suffering from not fishing. I haven't been out for a couple weeks and I need to get out there. I don't really know where to go, my 8wt exploded a little while back and I am in the middle of rewrapping the tip section, but haven finished it yet, so I don’t have a steelhead rod. All I have is my 5wt, where do you think I should go? I live in Hobart near Maple Valley, oh and if you don’t know where that is at it is basically at the foot of Tiger Mountain, if you were to go towards Auburn taking highway 18 the first town you go threw after getting down Tiger is Hobart. So if possible I would like a place semi close to home. Thanks for your advice.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Try the 5wt. As there seem to be no fish around lately and if you happen to hook one on your 5 wt it will be a adventure. If you don't want to fish the Green go to Fall City and fish the Snoqualmie or the Raging River. From your directions it isn't that far.

Jim

·
Oncorhynchus clarki clarki
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I do prefer the Snoqualmie over the Green. I have thought of doing that, and I actually have a couple times, but I really want some trout. Oh and on a side note I find it kind of funny that you said "it will be a adventure," because I have a Loomis Adventure series 5wt. Thanks for the advice, that is what I will probably end up doing.

Sly

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Well I happen to also have the same reel and it's attached to a GL3 5wt. Which I wouldn't part with for the world. To me it's one of the sweetest rods out there. As for trout maybe you can try the forks of the Snoqualmie. But if I had my way it would be any fork except the Middle as I was up in that area last Thursday and the middle fork was dirty.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.