Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is in town next week, and we'll hit the salt for a few days. Rather than make the ferry trek back and forth, I'm thinking we'll stay overnight somewhere in the North Bay/Kitsap/Key Peninsula area. 'Not really looking for anything fancy; mostly just somewhere to wash up, spread our crap out to dry, and hit the beaches early the next morning.

It's easy enough to find a few places that fit the description, but I thought it worthwhile to see what people here recommend, see if anyone has anything cool to recommend. (Or wants to meet up on a beach 4/13 - 4/14.) Thanks.

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
When my wife and I moved to Bremerton we stayed at a fleabag dump the first night - the Bremerton Motel (it was in Gorst) so I wouldn't recommend it (might be demolished - that was 39 years ago). I have thought about this place when I'm wandering South Sound and Hood Canal: http://www.belfairmotel.net/rooms.htm price is reasonable. Good luck, have fun (check out the oyster tides).

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,853 Posts
Not cheap and a bit out of the way, but you might consider Summer Tides Resort.
SF

Reactions: Buzzy

·
Moved to https://pnwflyfish.com
3,286 Posts
I live here, but I've got nothing since I usually just stay at me house. :p Have you checked Airbnb or VRBO for the areas you're thinking? I'd be happy to meet up usually, but I'll have family in town. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I live here, but I've got nothing since I usually just stay at me house. :p Have you checked Airbnb or VRBO for the areas you're thinking? I'd be happy to meet up usually, but I'll have family in town. Good luck!
Good suggestion; I'll see what that turns up.

And thanks for the potential offer to meet up on some beach. As is being discussed in the SRC Book thread, this really does seem to be the best game in town for Western WA for a large part of the year. I'm just getting back into beach fishing after several year's (or is that decade's?) absence.

Though I suppose I'm part of the horde of newcomers, I sympathize with the regulars who would be happier if this doesn't become the next big thing. All I can do is be a good guest, show respect, and enjoy this unique fishery. Oh, and keep it quiet.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Now THAT was a fun couple of days. We stayed at Kayak and Cones in Allyn, and I'd certainly recommend it. Everything you need is within easy walking distance; food, drink *, beach fishing, and it's right across the street from The World's Largest Chainsaw Carving Display. (*or whatever)
Without naming names, we hit a number of local spots with good public access and caught fish at most of the places we stopped; roughly even numbers of Cutts and resident Silvers.

Somehow, it seemed like no matter where we were, rain and contrary winds followed us. Here we are at one of those KPS state parks, wet as can be but damn happy too.

The money fly for me was a Crazy Clayton with chartreuse and olive (well chewed up at this point), though I did pick up one nice fish on a red eyed critter from Billy's Mini-Meat fly swap.

·
Moved to https://pnwflyfish.com
3,286 Posts
Wow, I fished near you sat afternoon/evening and scored nothing, not even s bite.
Did you have a Crazy Clayton though? :p

Nice job @Philonius ! Glad you guys found some fish. I've been thinking about trying some more stream-type-streamers in the salt recently. Cool!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.