Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have off the 20th through the 24th. I want to go fly fishing somewhere. I would like to be able to camp, maybe even hike into a spot to fish and stay there for 2 days and then stay in a town for 2 nights that has good breweries.

I have a 4 weight and a 6 weight.

I was originally going to take the overnight train from Seattle (I live in Kirkland) to Whitefish MT and fish there, but I am not having much luck finding available camping etc.

MT is definitely still an option.

I more than likely will be taking my GF with me who loves to camp and really loves good beer.

I would like to get a guide for a full day.

My budget is $1500 ish.

Help me spend my money and rare free time.

·
Indi Ira
9,505 Posts
Good beer can be bought and transported, but my favorite Montana is Cold Smoke. While you are there, buy me some and transport it back for me.

I might also second the Bend area.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Bend, OR has several great options; Deschutes, Crooked River, Metoulis, and lakes. Only 5.5 hours away lets you get some evening fishing in the first night.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm leaning towards Bend or possibly Kamloops. I'm going to drive and want to be within 5 hours away.

Can anyone recommend a guide and where to fish in Bend?

·
Registered
723 Posts
1. Boat or no Boat(Float Tube, pontoon, etc)?
2. Camp or Hotel in town?

Answer those and I can point you where near Bend, Or which would be a fantastic choice.

But, so would Missoula, in my opinion.

·
Wishin I was Fishin
249 Posts
I have off the 20th through the 24th. I want to go fly fishing somewhere. I would like to be able to camp, maybe even hike into a spot to fish and stay there for 2 days and then stay in a town for 2 nights that has good breweries.

I have a 4 weight and a 6 weight.

I was originally going to take the overnight train from Seattle (I live in Kirkland) to Whitefish MT and fish there, but I am not having much luck finding available camping etc.

MT is definitely still an option.

I more than likely will be taking my GF with me who loves to camp and really loves good beer.

I would like to get a guide for a full day.

My budget is $1500 ish.

Help me spend my money and rare free time.
Look into that St. Joe thread and go talk to NW Outfitters. CDA is really nice in the summer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.