Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AKA: Gregory Mine
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The treck for the move to Las Vegas has begun... Kissed the wife goodbye until she makes it down, played with the dog for a few seconds and off I went. The direction I took was so that I could drive the Yakima canyon one final time to say thanks for the memores, and lo and behold I noticed that it looks like Big Horn boat launch is open for business once again. There was a trailer behind the blockade then I noticed that some of the cement structures have been removed and the pay to launch box has been cleaned up with a small sign.

Maybe a private launch? Maybe a pay to launch? I couldn't tell as I went by too fast. But there is some activity in there once again...

Seeya,
Greg

·
It's all about the sauce.....
551 Posts
Wish you the best in Vegas Greg. Though i can't truly can't fathom your feelings as a fisherman leaving this all behind you, In my past life [pre-Fly fishing] I too have relocated from Washington [Many Many times] and have always come back. Sounds like you may need to plan your weekends into small road trips to some fishing destination! Nonetheless, Safe Travels.

Mike

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Safe travels and frequent returns. I belive that Big Horn did open up, there was some news on that last week. Best to you, your wife and dog in Vegas.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I hope you're planning a leisurely road trip and take the time to really let the drive sink in for yourself. 3 years ago I made the opposite journey - vegas to washington.

Vegas is a great place to live - despite most people bad mouthing it any chance they get. I know we've traded some PM's about spots to fly fish and I'm confident that you'll be able to make the best of it and have a lot of great memories to chalk up for yourself. Red Rock, Mt. Charleston, Bryce Canyon, Northern Nevada, all the open space you could want without the crowds. Even despite Washington being one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, sometimes I miss Nevada.

Happy Trails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.