Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Whammo!
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I need to solicit some help from the board in putting together our weekend fishing trip in BC this weekend.

My buddy and I are going to be at a conference in Whistler all week until Friday then want to fish Saturday and Sunday. We would love to get into some steelhead, salmon, trout whatever! but have no idea where to go or who to ask!

We have heard a lot of good things about the Vedder? but really have no idea what is running now etc..

Any help would be awesome, and we promise to post some pictures upon safe arrival hom!!!

Thanks!
:beer1

Mike

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I talked to Whistler Fly Fishing late last week- everything is blown in the Whistler area, just a lake show. Vedder and Frasier (and Harrison/Chehalis etc) are east of Vancouver and may be a good bet for summer steelies. There's a sockeye fishery on the Frasier but I don't know much about it. Contact Michael & Young (www.myflyshop.com).

G

·
Y'know.... you guys could be skating olive sedges in about the time it takes to drive from Seattle to Nunnally - Friday eve. Only, instead of Nunnally, it's the greatest concentration of absurd-quality lakes for fly fishers ON THE PLANET EARTH (although I hear Tasmania's good, but that's a little farther). Of course, I'm talking Kamloops/Merritt. Come back down through Hope/Sumas and you'll be back in about the same time it takes to get back from Whistler. Hit callibaetis and/or damsels Sunday, then feel your heart torn to shreds when you point the rig south.
My humble suggestion...

:beer2

·
Mother Nature's Son
1,347 Posts
I second the motion to give the guys at www.myflyshop.com a call. They have the place dialed in and will be able to point you in the right direction. While you're up that way, don't forget to take advantage of the 40% off nationwide sale...I'm not sure what the exchange rate is, but last year we got $1.50 Canadian for ever $1.00 U.S., making it cheaper to go there than Mexico! You should also take advantage of the duty free shop on the border and pick up some top shelf single malt, you won't get that kind of bargain in WA!

Let us know how you do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.