Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not the last to learn of this. I just checked out Riverboss (www.riverboss.com) after seeing it mentioned in the autumn Fly Rod & Reel. It gives handy groupings of water and weather conditions on many rivers, which are grouped by regions and states. Not as much chart info as the "official" weather information sites, but handy and with good graphics. And you can make a list of "My Rivers" for fast reference.

Reactions: Bob Triggs

· Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,781 Posts

· Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,781 Posts
I hope I'm not the last to learn of this. I just checked out Riverboss (www.riverboss.com) after seeing it mentioned in the autumn Fly Rod & Reel. It gives handy groupings of water and weather conditions on many rivers, which are grouped by regions and states. Not as much chart info as the "official" weather information sites, but handy and with good graphics. And you can make a list of "My Rivers" for fast reference.
That's got some good features. Especially having it all on one page, with real-time readings, etc.

· Registered
1,741 Posts
For weather, precip., and streamflow forecasts, NOAA's Northwest River Forecast Center has lots of good tools for making an educated guess at whether or not your crick will be fishing when you get a day off. It's also good for trying to find that one spot that might stay in shape when everything else goes over the top (but that place doesn't often exist).

Of course, NOAA is the primary source for every weather forecaster's information, and we've all become acquainted by now with how reliable forecasts aren't, so we must remember that the Old Man Jim method is, by far, the most accurate, even if it's not a great advance planning tool.

Cliff Mass blog is great for storm and trend tracking.

· Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Ma Nature has the reign/rains here today - raining since last night & both liquid precip & leaves. I'm glad I vacuumed-up what was on the ground & mowed yesterday.

Re: forecasts, I use Weatherbug (for lightning) & Weatherunderground. NOAA for warnings & forecasts. I prefer Iwindsurf.com for wind conditions. Since Hank & I are housebound today, I just finished browning some kielbasa & put a batch of sauerkraut & sausage in the small crock pot. The house will smell good today while I'm reloading .223 ammo.

· Just an Old Man
35,201 Posts
When I lived in Washington, I fished in the rain and the snow. If you wanted to fish you had to. Now that I'm retired I can go or not go depending on the weather. There is always tomorrow and the sun might shine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.