Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks.
Yeah I don't post very often. A bit sad about that. Anyway.
The wife and I got us an RV a couple of years ago. We love it. Try to go out once a month or so if we can. We go up to the Grande Ronde by LaGrande. Beautiful place. Have hear Elk bugling and coyotes. Once we even hear wolves howling. That was a bit unnerving. I have fished that river by Hilgard State Park. My wife thinks I am nuts. I know there is decent fish there. I just haven't caught anything real good there. I still like it. She refuses to fish it. It's to small or shallow. Ok. Maybe if she was just fishing with worms she would be happy. Dunno. I am just happy to catch something. I have an outfit all ready to go for her if she ever decides she want to fish. So she can't say there is nothing to fish with.
I am wanting to go to the Hells canyon area and try over by Oxbow. Never flyfished there. Most the area's that I fished at when I was just a kid are now gone or are no longer accessible. Too bad. Use to catch loads of trout at the beach just off of Copperfield park. That is where she considers good fishing water.
Hoping to do more fishing this year. Rods are always loaded in the trailer. Now just to put them to use.
Calm waters and tight lines everyone.
Rick

· Registered
141 Posts
You gotta put the time in on new water, get a map, gather Intel off the web, shop rats are a wonderful source. I actively pursue large trout in my area limestoners, many creeks are 25 feet or less. Doing research of the area you want to fish just sweetens the deal when it all pays off you land one on local knowledge. Good luck in your travels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts