Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Flaccid Member
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being politically correct sucks

so the weather man says we are in for a cold snap? do you think any of the north sound rivers will be able to drop back in before sunday morning? if they do, does it matter where on the river you access? i thought it definitely would but i am novice in the rivers. also, (man thats like 3 questions in one) do you think there are any chum daddies to be had in the salt? the rains would have washed any staging fish up the rivers but the expecting run is phenomenally big so i thought there may be fish still on the way. wishful thinking maybe. thanks in advance.

~sean~

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
There's no rain to speak of in the immediate offing and the rivers are dropping quite rapidly. I would expect that almost all of them should be in fishable condition before the weekend. Dunno about the chums (hate them skanky things), but the recent rains might have brought a few early winter steelhead into some of the rivers (the Sky often has fish in before Thanksgiving). Myself, I think I'll look at the Skagit and Sauk and see how the bulls are doing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Last Sunday I was on the Sky and a friend in another boat had 3 steelhead on, so he said, but missed them all. So I guess I'd say they must be moving in already. Good luck if ya go. I'm not sure if I'll be up there this weekend or not.
Jim J.

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

The Sky is falling and the Chickens are crossing the road.Whoops wrong story. The Sky is dropping into shape as I type. If we don't get any rain by the weekend it and a few others will be fishable. Went to the Sultan today and that river has more Chums in it than I have ever seen before. Went in a Rolf Edwards Park(Ithink that's the name)and the first pool was just loaded. And no We were not fishing for them,I was using a egg fly on a long leader on a floating line.

Jim

·
Bigfoot is blurry
1,915 Posts
My guess is that most rivers will be in shape by friday, some may be good today. The Sky and NF Stilly (only open for steelhead) are both dropping nicely right now. The north fork may still be dirty below Boulder Cr. Time to shift gears from skanky chums to steelhead. I'll probably hit the Sky after work tomorrow and toss bait.
I fished the upper Skagit and the Cascade yesterday. Both were high but fishable. The Sauk was high and a little too dirty to fish.

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,393 Posts
So Jim, how many white fish you catch? They are in there scarfing up those salmon eggs like crazy right now.

All the river levels are droppin' into great shape and by this week end it should be good anywhere you want to go.

My son and I are going after Chum, Dollys, and Steelhead with Dennis Dickson on the Skagit Saturday, can't wait!!

Will be taking lots of pictures and will be happy to post if anyone wants to take a look.

This is going to be my son's first Flyfishing experience.
LB :COOK

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

My luck is still holding. There still out there and I couldn't get any to latch onto my hook. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.We were at that place where we went the first time we went out last year.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.