Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife broke the tip off my BIIX 690-4. It's a long story but, she sucked about 40' of line and the rod tip up the vacuum cleaner. One more reason to keep her out of the man cave. I'll fix it but, it will likely lose some sensitivity unless Winston can replace the entire rod section and that will likely cost $$$. I'll find out when Winston gets back to work after the holidays.

So I'm putting out the feelers for a replacement Winston BIIX or BIIIX 6 weight nine footer. The nickel/wood reel seat is preferred but, not a show stopper. I can't spend $850 for a new rod right now so a well cared for, lightly used rod would be great. I live near Spokane but, I get around quite a bit for work.
Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
890 Posts
Dave,

My old man busted his tip on his 590 Biix, and for Christmas I told him I would send it for him, little did he know, I had called Winston and they quoted me an extra $100 for a 2nd tip when I sent it in. In other words $150 for 2 new tips. Give em a call, I doubt you'll lose any sensitivity.

Cheers,

Scott

The wife broke the tip off my BIIX 690-4. It's a long story but, she sucked about 40' of line and the rod tip up the vacuum cleaner. One more reason to keep her out of the man cave. I'll fix it but, it will likely lose some sensitivity unless Winston can replace the entire rod section and that will likely cost $$$. I'll find out when Winston gets back to work after the holidays.

So I'm putting out the feelers for a replacement Winston BIIX or BIIIX 6 weight nine footer. The nickel/wood reel seat is preferred but, not a show stopper. I can't spend $850 for a new rod right now so a well cared for, lightly used rod would be great. I live near Spokane but, I get around quite a bit for work.
Thanks.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.