Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Artist
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Winston LTX 10' 8wt 3pc.
Custom grip and finish, used 2 different types of wood for the grip and the insert. I had some old dowels that I turned down for the reel seat. I really have no idea that it is but I like the way it turned out. I added under wraps to the first 2 striping guides. Hope you guys like it.

· Steve Cole - Living the Dream
371 Posts
Tyler... Amazing work! The finish and inlaid feathers are superb. I am building on that same blank just now and reached a hiatus as I go on vacation for a week. I chose to build it as a switch rod and need to spend time fine tuning the balance, then custom building a Skagit type line for it. If you have any insights as to the LTX 1008-3 action that would help in that endeavor, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Again, very sweet looking LTX!

Steve Cole
Prosser, WA

· Steve Cole - Living the Dream
371 Posts
Tyler...

I did build an extended lower grip, about 5 inches in length at present. When I get back to Prosser from my road trip, I will post some photos.

Thanks

Steve Cole

· Registered
196 Posts
Very nice Tyler. I think the reelseat wood is elm. Do you always underwrap your stripper guides? It looks great, I usually only do that on bigger wt flyrods like this or saltwater rods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.