Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went fishing, in the winter, in the rain, and caught lots of native, wild, fish!

That about sums it up.... thanks weather gods for shitting on winter when i can't afford to be on the mountain.

·
Just an Old Man
35,202 Posts
I went fishing also a few days ago. One 6" rainbow and a tangle you wouldn't believe. It wasn't a smolt as there isn't any Steelhead where I live. Thank's for Mother nature for not having any of them here.

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
old man, i forgot to mention the bet part... you have reminded me... I cast a 2 fly setup all day and only had 1 overhand knot in my tippet. Bushes snagged, 0. Rocks snagged, 0. Myself snagged (hmm ive never actually done this, except on the tying bench). Yep, 5 feet of 4x tippet lasted all day :)
good for you for gettin out there though! Was it warm?

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Upper Rogue has about 4,000 fish into the top 30 miles since 12-15-09 ..... only 'question' is WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY????!!! 7 of on the river for the past week and one fish on the beach, several 'tuggs,' but otherwise ... zip to show for it. FRACK!!

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i could have posted the details and the least slippery rock to stnd on but I feel this might lessen the experience and the sense of adventure we find in our "sport"

also, this forum isnt really high traffic so post count is kinda a bland feature here. on another forum i have 20k posts. :)

+1

·
Mountaineer and Spey Caster
3 Posts
I'm brand new to the Forum. This is my first post. I don't wish to be rude, but if this is a "Winter Fishing Report", I'm afraid it is rather incomplete. A report should at least mention the river name, type and size of fish.

·
Just an Old Man
35,202 Posts
I'm brand new to the Forum. This is my first post. I don't wish to be rude, but if this is a "Winter Fishing Report", I'm afraid it is rather incomplete. A report should at least mention the river name, type and size of fish.
You have this all wrong. It is just somebody saying that there isn't much to do with all this shitty weather.

You ought to be over here in Montana. The sun is shining and it is almost 40 degrees outside. It's almost a heat wave compared to what we have been having in the way of weather. It is supposed to get to the mid 40's all next week. I guess that I'm going to go hit the Ruby below the dam for some Brown trout fishing. :thumb::thumb:

Jim

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok stop ur crying. ill make the report better.....lol

A few days ago I went fishing on my local S river. Water levels were rising but clarity was still great. There was limited bug activity and after fishing many possible locations I finally got into some redband trout. All fish were small.

Lol. Some people post a report and get flamed for to much info, some for not enough :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.