Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am graduating from college in spring and looking to move to the Vancouver, WA area. I have never had the chance to flyfish for trout out in WA and don't know much about the opportunities in the area. So I was wondering if anybody cold lend me any information about flyfishing for trout in that area. Anything will help . Thanks.....:beer1

·
Registered
18 Posts
greetings fellow packer fan.
i moved out here about 3 years ago, i live in Auburn now.
mostly i've spent my time on the Green river, looking for steelhead.
I have fished the yakima quite a few times now also, and I have never been dissapointed there.
I'm not sure about the vancouver area, but you are close to the deschutes (the big one, in OR) and the Kalama, both quality steelhead and trout streams.
The cool thing about Washington fishing, is you can pretty much do it year round, unlike back in the tundra.
so, anyway, there are some good books out there, one that i can't remember the exact title, but it's green, i think, maybe a title of Fly Fishing Washington (a little help please)

good luck.

G

·
There's some really good flyfishing around here and more if you're willing to travel a little. The Greased Line on 88th St. can stear you in the right direction, e-mail me when you have some free time and i can put on some fish and scenery.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Flyfishers Guide to Washington by Greg Thomas.

Jim

P/S: I don't know if this will help you but I'm from Wisconsin also. Moved out here in '44.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.