Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

Who will win

• Cubs

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Indians

Votes: 8 20.0%
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Chicago or Cleveland, who are you rooting for?

Reactions: Buzzy

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Really neither, I am a hard core Cardinal fan.
But I think Chicago has waited long enough.
Besides, I am one of those guys that thinks the pitcher should have a turn at bat.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I'm a bit torn. I love me some Francona. I'm a big fan of The too. I'll wait till the games start.

If the Cubs win, Theo will go down as the greatest GM ever. He will have created teams in Boston and Chicago that won the WS.

Epstein / Francona '20

Go sox,
Cds

·
Ignored Member
12,111 Posts
Cubbies. They give me hope that someday the Mariners might even make it to the playoffs or maybe the series.

I really wanted to see Red Sox vs. Cubs in the series then it was who ever beat the jays.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I was born in St Louis to a mom and dad that were born and raised there. But for right now were rooting for the cubs.
I grew up about 60 south of St. Louis, on the Illinois side.
My Grandmother was a die hard Cardinal fan. I have it in my blood, LOL. But it is time for Chicago's Cubbies to shine so I will await next year and have high hopes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I live in Cubs territory. I am a Twins fan but it is pretty magical here right now. They should be competitive for years with their youth but no guarantees. They need to do it now. Indians have some nasty pitching too. It should be fun to watch. (or boring if most pitch to their potential).

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
I really want the Cubs, but think the Indians will make short order of the Cubs.

Hope I'm wrong...

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
I think it would be cool, if it went 7, and The Cubs hit a walk off Homer to win it all.

Wait... I think the home field advantage is the AL's - ? So that couldn't happen.

Maybe in game 5!

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks like most folks are pulling for the Cubs. If they can score early they could win, but that Cleveland bullpen is nasty.
Like Charles I'm conflicted, I really like both managers ( probably the best 2 in the game), but for history's sake I'm rooting for the Cubs.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Managers don't hit, pitch, field or run. They make a lineup and make pitching changes. Tito is the best at bullpen management I have ever seen. He will March out a better starting pitcher zero times.
Lester is the best starting pitcher in the series by a lot. If Cleveland is to win, Franconia will need to push all the right buttons. The Cubs have a huge advantage with starting pitching. That's tough to overcome.
I'll be rooting for Tito. It will be a lot more fun if he's on his game.

Go AL,
Cds

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.