Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got a great deal on a rod from a buddy of mine ($20 for a Rogue Fly Rod 7/8wt) probably. Need a reel now in the $100-125 range. Wife has given me a limit on the funds (per usual). Extra bonus if you have some line to go with it. I have intentions of fishing for SRC and possibly some steelhead.

I think it's a great rod to cover multiple genres of fishing (my 5 wt might be too small for SRC), until I get permission to add more arrows to the quiver. Just need a reel to go along with it!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Just got a great deal on a rod from a buddy of mine ($20 for a Rogue Fly Rod 7/8wt). Need a reel now. Wife has given me a limit on the funds (per usual). Extra bonus if you have some line to go with it. I have intentions of fishing for SRC and possibly some steelhead.

I think it's a great rod to cover multiple genres of fishing (my 5 wt might be too small for SRC), until I get permission to add more arrows to the quiver. Just need a reel to go along with it!

Thanks in advance!
You'll be more successful in the type of responses if you let folks know what the fund limit your wife has determined...

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Ross Cimarron 4 with 2 spare spools and 3 spool covers for $165 shipped in USA. This set is in very good condition.
If you search "Ross Cimarron 4 and 2 spare spools" in the classified you will see a picture or I can email you pics. A bit
over budget but with 3 spools total you will have a great deal of options with different lines for your new rod. Stan

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,853 Posts
LOL, Richard know a few things about no longer having a wife budget limit...as do I. ;)
Might want to check out Lamson. I believe there are some closeout deals on some of their models.
Guru maybe?

Good luck in your search.
SF

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ross Cimarron 4 with 2 spare spools and 3 spool covers for $165 shipped in USA. This set is in very good condition.
If you search "Ross Cimarron 4 and 2 spare spools" in the classified you will see a picture or I can email you pics. A bit
over budget but with 3 spools total you will have a great deal of options with different lines for your new rod. Stan
Wow, that post was from way back! Let me see if the wife is okay with an "expanded" budget. Might require several nights of just me and the kids while she has downtime. :) Or lots of foot rubs/backrubs...etc.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Adrian, I have a 7/8 reel with extra spool, and lines on both. It's a British-made Leeda RimFly, small arbor with a double click-and-pawl drag, rim control, both in excellent condition except for a bit of rub rash on the back plate. The lines are a spliced 7/8 floating/sinking line and a Scientific Anglers Wet Cel WF7I (weight forward seven weight intermediate). Tapered leaders on both. $70, shipping included.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a red Sage 4280 that I will part with for $125. It has a sealed drag and is machined 6061 aluminium. Look up the specs on the Sage site. It has a bit of boat rash but is otherwise sound a clean. I will sell it with its current backing, 30# chartreuse Dacron, but no line. You will pay PayPal and shipping unless Seattle local. PM if interested.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The very same Rogue 7/8wt on C-list a couple days back? Mukilteo area........original price $50........price drop to $20? I was offered that rod for $20 before the price in the add was changed.

I am setting up a few kids in my neighborhood with rods, reels, lines. This rod was more of a stick than I wanted, my cap is a 6wt rod.

Happy fishing.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The very same Rogue 7/8wt on C-list a couple days back? Mukilteo area........original price $50........price drop to $20? I was offered that rod for $20 before the price in the add was changed.

I am setting up a few kids in my neighborhood with rods, reels, lines. This rod was more of a stick than I wanted, my cap is a 6wt rod.

Happy fishing.
The very one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I have a red Sage 4280 that I will part with for $125. It has a sealed drag and is machined 6061 aluminium. Look up the specs on the Sage site. It has a bit of boat rash but is otherwise sound a clean. I will sell it with its current backing, 30# chartreuse Dacron, but no line. You will pay PayPal and shipping unless Seattle local. PM if interested.
PM sent

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
You can get this reel, including the cordurua case, backing, and a WF8F floating fly line, for $125. Redington called it a 9/10, but it really is, both dimensionally and weight-wise, a 7/8 reel. This reel was also offered by Orvis as its Mid Arbor, a reel well known for its reliability, durability, and value. The reel is machined, anodized, has teflon coated bearings, and Redington's warranty is a liftetime warranty. I have three, so obviously I like them, but I don't "need" three... :)

This deal is firm and I'm subject to changing my mind and keeping the reel, so don't dilly dally if you're interested.

Amber Jewellery Button Circle Personal protective equipment
Wheel Corded phone Automotive lighting Telephone Amber

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.