Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a 3 wt set up to use on the south fork of the snoqualmie. 7' 6" or 8' would be ideal. I don't have a ton of money to spend to buy brand new. If anyone has a rod and reel they don't use and would like to sell please let me know. Thanks Jason

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
If you want to spend more but not a ton more consider the Redington CT (Classic Trout). Mighty fine rod at price that won't break the bank.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
See if you can find a place to cast one. I have a 2wt, it is a moderate action...I like it a lot. Tastes vary and casting strokes vary. I do love some of the fast action rods in my quiver, but I like the CT and bamboo and fiberglass and older slightly less fast graphites. If you demo one you will know if you like it or not. Hit any and every shop you can to test what they have on the rack. You'll find the one that feels right...or it will find you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That seems to cheap! I wonder if the rod is any good?
Read the reviews. On another board people swear by them, many saying they bought it because they didn't think they would use it much and then it becoming a favorite rod. In a short three weight you don't need a cannon just a well made rod capable of placing it where you want it.

If I didn't already have a four weight I would be buying one.

Eric

·
Registered
274 Posts
deals on the fly has a cheap 3 wt Grey G-Series Fly Rod - Size: 8ft 0in 3/4wt 3pc for 49.99. I haven't used it but just throwin it out there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.