Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Jake, Good luck with this search. I did the same search on google a couple of years ago to see if there were any out there, even though they are not that easy to change or very light to carry, and found nothing. I did eventually find another reel on ebay and bought that. Craig

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
They did offer it in a large arbor.

Did you ever try to change a spool on this reel. Try it some time . . . it's not the simplest thing to do in the world.

You may want to consider a shooting head setup that can change lines for you in lieu of changing spools. That's what I do on my reels whose spools don't remove easily.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the suggestions regarding the difficulty in changing these spools but it's not like they're going to be in a float tube. I am very familiar with the reel and just made a great deal for one in excellent condition. Now if you have spools , not advice, let me know. I am ready to buy.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good news!! Fenwick actually had two LA spools for this reel but I'm still hoping to pick up at least 2 standard arbor spools also. Hope someone can help

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.