Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an 8'6" - 9' slow/medium action 4wt graphite rod. 9' is preferred. Specifically the following models:

Winston WT or IM6
Thomas & Thomas Paradigm (or discontinued "Dry Fly Special")
Scott G series (not G2)
Tom Morgan Rodsmiths

Not interested in Sage, Loomis or non-factory offerings. No fiberglass or 'boo, already have a McFarland on the way and I'm too damn clumsy for bamboo rod.

Thanks!

·
The Good Ol' Days are Now!
89 Posts
I've got a Winston 8'6" WT 4wt. This is a 3piece rod with a western grip and UL burl maple spacer reel seat. The rod is As New. Winston calls the action medium.
Here is he URL to information and photos: http://www.winstonrods.com/wt.html Retail is $665.
The rod in person is very nice. This rod has a darker, richer green color to the blank and the maple burl isn't bad either! I can take pictures of the actual rod if this goes beyond tire kicking.
$432 and actual shipping.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I've got a tentative deal on a rod. If it doesn't pan out I'll follow up directly via PM.

Hello Thomas, I was curious on why you don't like the G2 ???
I like them fine, it's just the original feels a little slower that the G2, at least in the single example I have cast. I have read that others feel the same.
Many Winston aficionados seem to think the IM6 is slower than the current WT but I couldn' t tell any real difference but again, I've only cast one true IM6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.