Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to take a rare (for me) float on the Yakima on Saturday. Guided by Jason Decker out of Red's. Gotta say, Jason worked his tail off for my son and me and we had a great day, one of my best ever on that river. I've fished for a long time but my 15 year old son is just starting. Jason had him handling the line like a pro by the end of the day. We started out at Ringer using one of Jason's wet October Caddis beadheads. 7 quick fish to hand from 12 - 16. When the BWO's started hatching around 11am the fish switched to the dropper which was a size 18 BWO type of nymph (sorry, don't know the fly name). We later switched to dry/wet October Caddis which we fished dead drift and twitched and swung. Slower but steady catching with those and tons of fun to see the take. Kudos to Jason for the coaching us on how to move those flies. He knows his stuff! For the day around 25 fish to hand with three 16 inch and larger. Awesome day. Took out at Reds just at dark. Thanks again Jason for a great day!

·
1,411 Posts
Fantastic post:thumb:.
Definitely a memorable experience for you and your son, great job Jason!

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Awesome, thanks for sharing. Sounds like one heck of a nice day.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
that is awesome, you would be hard pressed to find anybody who puts in the effort like jason. he knows what he is doing, and is always motivated which is a quality that not very many guides have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.