Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out I will have a couple kids for a few days (boy and girl 10-12), so looking to do something special with them, wondering about a guided float trip on the Yakima. Was thinking about a half day, morning trip, to avoid heat and floating crowds. Dunno if guides stake claim to certain parts of the river, but was thinking mostly upper, just for the scenery, any tips on a female Guide as well, don't want the little Gal to feel surrounded, and would like a good role model for her. ok, anyways, its short notice so im throwing this out there as I search through all the known data, Thanks.

·
Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,673 Posts
Just found out I will have a couple kids for a few days (boy and girl 10-12), so looking to do something special with them, wondering about a guided float trip on the Yakima. Was thinking about a half day, morning trip, to avoid heat and floating crowds. Dunno if guides stake claim to certain parts of the river, but was thinking mostly upper, just for the scenery, any tips on a female Guide as well, don't want the little Gal to feel surrounded, and would like a good role model for her. ok, anyways, its short notice so im throwing this out there as I search through all the known data, Thanks.
My vote is for Derek Young, Emerging Rivers Guide Service.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yakima River Guide -- Ryan White 206-714-6625

Have gone with Ryan twice and has easily been my best experience with a guide out there. Won't book with anyone else. Have booked with Red's and Ellensburg Angler and they are not even in the same realm.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I would talk to the folks at Troutwater in Cle Elum. Great team and I know they one or a couple of female guides. I have not fished with the and usually book with Ted or Johnny. Great service and regardless, the kids will love the outing. Good Luck
I only deal with troutwater, they will treat u more like family than a customer and all service I've received has been exemplary, especially my guided trip

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
That sure narrowed it down! Bottom line, you won't go wrong with any of the suggestions. Scott, Derek and Ryan are great guys/guides, my buddies have had nothing but the best times with them. The guides out of Cle Elum have a good rep, new to me, but that will change because I want to learn more of the upper river

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.