Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Yakima was very wadable today above Cle Elum and even down below the confluence I moved around somewhat easily. However, the fish didn't cooperate one bit today. Had one small fish slash at my dry and miss and nothing on nymphs. No one I ran across had caught a fish.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
I fished the Ford today and didn't see any rattlesnakes or bull snakes but it was 72°F and it hasn't gotten cold enough to frost so I sincerely doubt the snakes are in their dens. The water is up and the weeds are pretty thick and beginning to break up and float downstream. The lower bridge is still the "closed" lower bridge.
Water Sky Bird Cloud Water resources

Lots and lots of white pelicans swimming in the creek and flying above. I counted nine white egrets on the left bank just downstream of the lower bridge, wish I had a better camera.
Water Flower Plant Sky Cloud

Lythrum salicaria is in full bloom getting ready to be more invasive. I see more and more of this plant in our Basin wetlands.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
The Yak has been dropping hard after a long period of high flows. My personal opinion for what it is worth is that it will take a few days for the fish to adjust to the lower flows. I think that maybe the hatches will change and the fish accordingly. Think about it the flows have dropped by over 50% in about a week. That changes the entire dynamics of the river.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.