Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I hope she likes whitefish
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a quick report from the Yak:

Fished from Lmuma to the Slab. Launched at noon, took out at 3:00. River is LOW. Nymphed a rubber leg stone and a lightning bug under a 1/2" thingamabobber. Had 3 decent sized whities to hand and ZERO trout. The small bobber was nice to show the sutle strikes. Here's a couple pictures of my boy and his first drift trip on the Yak. He did a great job and didn't complain until the last 15 minutes about being cold...and he was right, it was down right freezing when the wind came up.

Thanks again Craig, the boy had a blast!

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Thanks for sharing a report from a great outing. Lots-o-smiles!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Derek,

It would be even better if we accidentally ran into a fish like you catch. We have the White Fish and Northern Pike Minnow fishing down pretty good, just seem to be missing the trout. Still worth every stroke.
Craig

·
No longer here
4,034 Posts
Sweet! We fished upriver on Saturday and it did get a little chilly when the wind started blowing late in the day. Tell your son not to worry, I started complaining too! Nicely done- good on ya for getting the boy out!

·
that's His Lordship, to you.....
6,158 Posts
Priceless!! And it makes me jealous! I spent a lifetime trying to gain my father's attention and approval, all to no avail. He was my father, but never my dad. Memories like those you give your son are things which will be there when nothing else is. Good on ya!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.