Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks from the flow and guage that it probably blew out yesterday, but perhaps back in shape by the weekend??? I haven't floated it for a few years but looking to do Umptanum to Reds. Has anyone been able to fish it recently? I've seen reports of some massive Caddis hatches but wondering how folks have been fairing with the fishing due to the higher than normal flows.

·
536 Posts
I was out at Ringer last Sunday afternoon through the evening, and while I didn't experience any massive caddis hatches, it was pretty steady. Most of the afternoon was spent chasing dinks who were rising, but as evening fell, some nicer fish came to hand. Focused mainly on caddis dries and threw a soft hackle for a little while. All of my fish came on the dries though... Largest fish was 13", but we did see a handful of pigs rising and splashing out of reach of course. Good luck out there!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes, it blew out yesterday and still not pretty today. The canyon from Wilson Creek down is being affected by thundershowers in E-Burg. Anything above Wilson is good color still today. Few bankies in the canyon today and one that was fishing caddis and hammering them, 8 fish in an hour from the same spot. No boats that I saw in the canyon today. Fish still eating on the surface in the canyon and feeling safe with the colored water. Umtanum to Reds is one short float, 2 miles with the average speed of floating at, 1 mph per 1000 cfs, that would take an hour.
Craig

·
Registered
1 Posts
We floated the Upper river yesterday from Ensign to Bullfrog. Fishing has really fallen off since spring and the increase in water flow, with hundreds of Mayflies going uneaten. The news is though, that there is a Cottonwood clear across the river a half a mile above Bullfrog. It is impassable without a portage.
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.