Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Angie and I got to drift this time 'round with Mr. Joe Taller. That guy is cool. We drifted from Ringer to Bighorn. There wasn't a lot of trash to be found along the banks in this section, as it's very limited for access by foot. Last time we did the clean up we went straight to Umptanum, crossed the foot bridge and headed back north, filling two garbage bags.

It was a splendid day, and once the sun was up long enough, like a giant weathered space-heater in an all too large room, it warmed just a wee bit.

As soon as we put in, we wondered aloud if Joe wouldn't mind rowing a bit backwards and just up from where we put in. There was a pod of fish there and as soon as we approached, I saw a very very large one skidaddle. We anchored, I peed. I peed again. We fished.

Ang had one of those days where something happened often enough to never let it get stagnant. She was immediately into fish and hooked three I think. I hooked one 'bow and actually pulled in a stupendously beautiful and glistening Whitefish. My only fish of the day.

A bit down the river, Angie hooked into and landed what appeared to be a 17-18" 'bow that fought her well. Joe bounced out of the boat and brought the wonderful creature to net. Cool rubber net, too.

Anyways, I took some pictures, and if you would like to see them, please do: http://www.pbase.com/snappy/yak_river_cleanup

We had a great time and will be back in Spring to fish... er, pick up crap again.

Lightning bugs, coffee and beer worked well.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.