Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday, March 6th, put it on your calendar!

This is a great day on the river. For the past three years I have been there and it is a great way to break out of the winter doldrums.

I have been surprised in the past in how few people from WFF participate. A lot of you fish this river and it needs everyones help! The object is cleaning up and fishing is secondary but a part of it too. In the past there have been a very few who took advantage of the free pastries and dinner and didn't do any clean up. Lets hope that doesn't happen again.

The clean up is from Thorp to Rosa dam. Things get started at about 8 am at the KOA.

Preregistration is being asked for, either by e-mail or phone

e-mail: worleybuggerflyco.com
phone: 888 950 fish

Full details available at Worleybugger web site

Dave

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
This is always a good event, and I'm planning on being there for it. If anyone else would like to car-pool let me know. I'm taking my 'toon and will have room for more on my trailer. Over and back on the same day Sat.

LB

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is also a food drive for the local food bank. Bring along some non-perishables if you can. Doing so not only lhelps some persons in need but you get in the drawing for some good stuff.

Dave

·
NM, IL, NM, IN, NM, TX, CA and finally WA
22 Posts
I'm in, sounds fun! Last year my FB found an unopened beer on a gravel bar. There are lots of beautiful and biologically significant rivers to preserve, but only the Yak provides free beer to thirsty fishermen. OK, it was probably dropped from a raft when the water was higher but he still gets misty when remembering "the beer of the gods." :beer1: Anyway, looks like a great way to spend the day, and the Worley Bugger sold me my first fly rod, so I'm looking forward to it.

·
Bobbers n Beadz
936 Posts
Hey guys, I was just wonderin' who from the site will all be heading up to the clean up this Saturday? Just wondering If there will be some new faces, and hopefully some returning guys... Hope to see you all at the K.O.A. around 8-9!!!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gee I am in and fishart, who is smart enough not to post, is going over with me. The last I heard Nomlasder is going. Those of you have been there before probably remember his gorgeous teal and oak drift boat that he manufactures.

Remember to bring something for the canned food drive. This is a two fold event, cleaning up the river and getting some food together for the food bank.

You don't need a boat! There are going to be some empty seats available I am sure and some of those seats are going to be in guides boats! There is a lot of river ground pounders can cover and a boat is not neccesary!

The skwalas are starting to pop out and some other hatches are starting. The weather looks good. A little clean up and a bit of fishing makes for a good day. A good feed at the end of the day and a very generous raffle. In the past river shuttle has been provided at no charge for participants as far as I remember.

If you haven't fished the Yak before this is a good opportunity to check out the river and get a bit of insight.

Try to remember to let Steve know you are coming over so he can plan for things. And I want to be sure there is enough of some excellent potato salad for me!

Dave

·
Registered
370 Posts
You get a raffle ticket for every can of food you donate. You can really up your odds with some extra cans of food. Last year I won a float trip with Steve Worley.

Greg

G

·
I would love to go. Can I carpool with someone since my truck is rockin 13 miles to the pit stop. I need someone to hold my hand and hook a brother up with a fly rod and setup. I have the waders and boots, gloves for a cleanup, canned foods but have not done the trout thing since a little guy.

·
"Fish-On" Custom Fly Rods
224 Posts
I am always amaised at the amount of crap gets remeoved every year. I have been helping Steve out for several years and I must say I admire his stewardship and giveing back to something that gives his so much in return. This yeare is going to be special because I get to spend the day with my son foating, fishing, cleaning up and catching up. He is an awsome kid and I am very proud of him. I look forward to spending the day with him. Good weather, good people and a good cause should be awsome!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
I live in Cle Elum on the Teanaway and the flow increases are coming from the tributaries mostly. We had about 3" of rain the night before last and the foothills got plastered around here. The Teanaway and the Swauk are putting a lot of brown water into the Yak but it cleans up pretty quickly. So, worried? No.

·
Bobbers n Beadz
936 Posts
I'm never really worried about the flows on the Yakima... Even if the water is dirty, it still fishes great. Just go up a size of fly and throw some streamers... Big fish all day long!

·
Registered
414 Posts
It was a great day. The fishing was a bit slow but we managed a few. Met alot of great folks. Connor H and Derek, glad to finally meet both of you! And Connor, it was a pleasure floating with you.

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Had a great time, did a little fishing and thanks to Dave to keeping the skunk off. We got a few bags and a wooden seat from what appeared to be an old wood drift boat. I have to admit I got a little teary thinking about the loss, she's probably happy now with the river gods. Just down from Ringer on the road side we ran into a junk yard. Sorry folks the Nisson, washer and folding sofa frame would not fit in the boat.

My hat is off to the Dept of Corrections people in conjunction with Highways for the litter crews working along the raod. It alos looked like some members of the loacal high school footaball team were also pitching in.

A double bow to Steve and all the guys at the Worley Bugger and special thanks to Jerry at KOA. And OMG did you see how full the truck was?

Great event agian. See you next year.

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
Glad everyone who made it had a great time and got some trash outa' there. I was not able to get over there this year, sad to say, but I do have good memories from years past. Maybe next time.

LB

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Great event - got to finally meet EasyE and Connor, and a bit of garbage too. Most interesting find - pulled a red Stearns life jacket from deep in a log jam, half-nervous that there was someone attached to it. In the pockets, a drivers license, cellphone, and a $5 bill. Thankfully, the owner is alive and well and getting them back in the mail.

My daughter got to fish a bit, and we had a great guest along too - we both hooked into some nice fish on streamers. Thanks Steve for organizing the event - it takes a lot of help and I thought it was a well organized day. Lots of food for those in need.

Derek

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.