1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the YRFF Conservation Committee

When: June 14, 2003 - Time 7:00 PM

Where: Ellensburg Inn

The YRFF is hosting a public meeting to kick-off the WDFW 2004-2005 rule-making process. Representatives of the WDFW will explain how members of the public can submit proposals to the WDFW to create regulations on waters in need of protection and explain how that process works.

Interested Fly Fishers should make plans to attend.

Greg

"In our family, there is no clear
line between religion and fly
fishing" Norman Maclean

·
Indi Ira
9,492 Posts
What a fantastic opportunity to "Do something about it" vs complaining about it.
Thank you Greg for passing on this information to hopefully a body of people who can help make a positive diffence.

IRA..

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Yakima River Fly Fishers to host Wa F&W meeting

Irafly, my thoughts exactly. I'll be there, I have some ideas. If anybody has some thoughts about this and can't make the meeting, post them and maybe we can get a census about what we as flyfishers want.

If anybody says anything about lake 16, you need help.;)

YT:smokin

·
Registered
844 Posts
Just something to keep in mind... June 14th is CWU's graduation day. There will be aprox. 7,400 additional people in the burg Friday/Saturday nights, so don't plan on getting a room in town.

Upside: Kegs will be littering the streets. }(

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two weeks away. Just moving it back up.

Greg

"In our family, there is no clear
line between religion and fly
fishing" Norman Maclean

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I just went to the WDFW site and these are being held all over the state,so if you are going to attend you can do it at a place that won't be very crowded. Just a little more info for your benefit.

Jim

·
Registered
844 Posts
Ya know you've got problems when you sell back books for bar money.... (($31.50 buys a lot in Eburg)) :9 I'd be there, but I have very, very important kegs to tap. You understand!

I'd invite you all to go out to the bars afterwards, but I don't think my boyfriend would appreciate! }( :p }(

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Gradution time is it?

CWU Girl,

If my poor memory serves correct I believe you said not to long ago you were a senior at Central. If so then you do indeed have some very important kegs to tap. Congratulations on your sheep skin!
I know it is off subject but are you going on for more tortured work in school?
Dave

And here's to you
:beer1 :beer1 :beer1

·
Registered
844 Posts
WFF is way too popular!!

Your memory is correct, I'm graduating tomorrow with a BA in political science. Five years of sorta studying, going out too much, and taking that 5th year just so I could be a hunter/fisher bum a little longer.

WFF is getting way too popular, though, as I'm finding out at strange moments. Last night, well, early this morning really, I was some random party with some friends of mine. This guy I sorta know who is apparently in my crew going to Vegas on Monday was sitting across from me with a fly rod in his hands getting ready to go home (Keystone Ice in the other hand- :rolleyes ).

I get to chatting with him and I bring up this site...Whatta know, the guy not only lurks here, he knows who I am. Wierd or what??

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Only Five Years!

CWUGirl,
Heck what's wrong with five years? I was suppose to graduate in 71 but it was 97 before I could fulfill the foreign language requirement and get my BS.
You did good!
PoliSci, does that mean you are going into law? Everyone I knew in college in PS became legal eagles. Have fun in sin city. Sounds like fun but it is getting HOT down there. Oh well all the clubs are air conditioned so it shouldn't be too bad,lol.
If you are back up here when the birds are flying south let me know and maybe we could go shoot a few on the Winchester. Lady nimrods are fun to shoot with. Most are better than the guys. Most are better hunters too! Women have better intensity than men and that makes them better whether it is fishing or hunting! Wow, can I see the testosterone popping out now!
Congtats again!
By the way you cann't be CWUGIRL if you leave Central.
Dave
:beer1 :beer1

·
Registered
416 Posts
Missed Opportunity

Just got back from the WDFW public meeting. Not many showed, but on a day like today, who could blame them. So, the WDFW got to the point and explained the proceedure well enough.

However, what you guys missed was me asking a bunch of questions about brown trout, wild trout, and large fish in the Yakima Drainaige and getting lots of data with fish sizes and LOCATIONS. Man, they were giving out zipperlips like it was nothing...

Sparse

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
(Sir Izaak Walton)

·
Registered
844 Posts
Only Five Years!

Dude, are you saying I have to change my moniker now?? I'm officially not a student anymore... I have NO idea what I would change it to, though. Geez, maybe I'll just live a lie and keep CWUgirl!

Many of my friends are going into law, but I'm dead set against it. I'm thinking about going to graduate school and getting a masters in a political science or public policy field. More or less, I have no idea what I want to do!

I gotta say, I'm SO not a duck hunter!! I just can't justify shooting them when they taste horrible. I shoot a few a year, but I'm pretty set in my ways as an upland hunter (WILD, not preserves). In the next couple weeks I'm picking up a new 12g shotgun. I'm almost positive I want a 26" Beretta Ultralight De Luxe O/U. I SO can't wait to get it out to hit some clays (gotta have it fitted first, though).

And women are better casters and shooters. Why? Because we are more patient and don't rely on strength to compensate for poor style.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.