Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time Yakima River Fly Fishing guide, Larry Graham passed away today after a long, brave fight with cancer. Larry was the originator of the "Lightning Bug" that has now become quite popular on many western rivers.

I had the pleasure of fishing with Larry a couple of times. He was an exceptional guide and fly tier. I am sure he will be missed by many.

Our condolences go out to his family and close friends.

Steve Worley

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I am saddened by this news. Larry was a gentleman, a man of talent, accomplishment, generosity, courtesy, courage, and quiet modesty.

If any members or readers of this forum are associates, friends, or family of Larry's, please accept my heartfelt condolences.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had only known Larry for a little over a year. In that time his body was slowly dying, conversely was mind was very much alive. I would see pictures of him in his guiding days which looked nothing like the frail, smiling man whom I knew, that would tell stories of his adventures and amaze me with entertaining tales of fish and flies. Larry was attentive to anyone seeking knowledge of our sport and would pull you aside to talk in great detail should you seek his experience. I especially looked forward to each encounter with him, eagerly ready to test the limits of his knowledge. He didn't seem to mind..

I will miss you always.

Tyler Laurenti

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
You know it might be a nice tradition, althoguh I doubt it will ever catch on, to tie a special fly with the gape and point missing, and gently place it in the river of the deceased choice. One that he was known to adore. It might make a nice remberance, sort of a micro monument, if you will. :SAD
BOBLAWLESS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.