Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the Yakima is running a little bit hight for my taste in fishing right now. I would check out the Worley-Bugger Fly Co. web site and look under the Yakima River flows section. The graphs tell you the river level at various points on the river (at Easton dam, the Cle Elum River, at the confluence with the Teanaway, at Ellensburg, and in the lower canyon). Until some of the upper tributaries (which are extremely hight right now) clear up, you are better off trying to fish an Eastern Basin Lake or one of the year-round lakes on the west side. When the Yakima flows come down and the water temps come up a bit, then I think the Yakima would be a great option. Just my opinion...
-Jeff

www.worleybuggerflyco.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what would be a good lake to hit, i dont have aboat so it needs to be able to be fished from shore or ina canoo. my dad promised me we would go fishing this week and we were planning on the yakima but he doesnt think it would be worth it
thanks
-joey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.