Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things are starting to look alive on the home water here in NC. Today was no exception. Weather looked about as good as one could hope. 82 degrees, mostly cloudy, and a strong storm front hit just at sun down.

Fished two flies all afternoon.
Black and white marabou streamer with orange rubber legs size 4
Artificial fly Natural material Wood Feather Grass family

And a size 12 chickabou streamer with some red flash.
Feather Grass Twig Plant Wing

First fish was a feisty LMB, first of the year.

Fish Fin Marine biology Ray-finned fish Tail

Second fish was personal best bluegill.
Plant Organism Snail Beak Snout

Water Finger Gesture Fish Fisherman

Almost stepped on this guy.
Carnivore Cloud Tints and shades Landscape Wildlife

Water Wood Watercourse Bank Liquid

Around then things started to slow down, so I switched to the chickabou streamer on a sinking tip for some of the deeper holes. This helped finding a couple paper mouths.
Water Fisherman Fluid Fish Fishing

I got a good feeling about this year.

·
Dumbfounded
10,887 Posts
I can't catch a break this year. I don't remember the last time I've had to wait so long to fish after buying my license. There's always weirdass going on weather-wise when I plan to make a trip.

Hopefully, my local farm lake will warm up and the cold rain will stop so I can try again for some of the 5-6 lb LMB I caught there last year.

Glad you're able to get out and get bit.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Warm water is such a distant memory. If I recall correctly, it doesn't freeze to you after you touch it.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't catch a break this year. I don't remember the last time I've had to wait so long to fish after buying my license. There's always weirdass going on weather-wise when I plan to make a trip.
Warm water is such a distant memory. If I recall correctly, it doesn't freeze to you after you touch it.
It was too short lived. Snow flurries Saturday night, and 40s and 50s, for most of the week. :confused:
Back to the vise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.